History of Tyndale

Tyndale  Chapel:  Coffee morning
Tyndale Baptist Chapel was built in 1890 following several months of worship services held in a hired room in Little Sodbury.

The best information we have of the beginnings of the Chapel come from an 1891 edition of the "Sword and Trowel", a newsletter whose editor was the famed London minister, Charles H. Spurgeon of the Metropolitan Tabernacle. It is stated that the first year of ministry was greatly blessed with many conversions.

There were several pastors until 1923.

From then until 1986 the ministry was carried on by members of the congregation and local itinerate speakers.

In 1986 the Rev. Jim West of the Association of Baptists for World Evangelism began ministry as the pastor of Tyndale Chapel.

After his return to America in 1993, Rev. David Woodard, also associated with ABWE, became the pastor.

Due to an increase in attendance, the Sunday morning services were moved to Dodington Parish Hall in May 1992 and the evening services commenced in the hall in October 1995. The evening services are no longer at the Parish Hall as they moved back to the Chapel in 2008.

In November 2000, the church appointed Rev. Bert Weenink as it’s first salaried pastor. In October 2011 we appointed Josh Monteiro as assistant pastor to work alongside Bert.
Comments